How To Support A Blogger Or Author
Here are some quick ways to really help support a blogger/author
This is an article about helping to support bloggers and authors. It was created after @MrJohns96669663 suggested a post like this may be a good idea - thank you MrJohns.
Cue the violins. Being a blogger can be a very lonely existence. Sitting at a computer for hours on end writing, editing, re-writing and then saying fuck it I'll start all over again can be soul destroying.
We often stare into the screen clicking refresh on the latest article we have published, hoping that firstly someone has read it and secondly that it has helped them.
The problem is that usually you never know if you have made an impact on someone's life. Over time, the lack of feedback can act as a hefty weight, drawing a blogger into a dark place and often it can be one of the leading causes for them to throw in the towel.
Blogs cost more than time and effort though, there are real-world costs involved which I am not going to go into in great detail, but bloggers often struggle to make ends meet.
So, what can you do to help your favourite bloggers/authors?
There are some straightforward ways of really making a difference to a blogger or author. All of these suggestions can honestly make someone's day, they can make the difference between climbing back into bed or grabbing life by the balls while screaming "I love my blog".
- Realise that your favourite blogger/author is a real human, with emotions, issues and all sorts of baggage. Treat us with respect, don't play games with us and above all don't send us dick pics. No, seriously don't, it's a proper dick move.
- Talk to us, we crave attention. Why do you think we run our blogs and write articles like this one? We lay our lives out for everyone to pick over and we love getting some feedback. It validates what we do, and there is no sweeter feeling than waking up to a nice comment about one of your articles. Leave a comment on one of our posts and chat with us on social media (but remember the dick pic thing ok).
- Re-post our work, sharing is caring after all. I am not saying cut and paste our work, oh no, that is a bad thing. I am talking sharing links to our work, click on the social media share buttons on our sites or even give us a good old fashioned re-tweet. Sharing our work helps us to reach a wider audience, which in turn helps out with points one and two. It also encourages us to continue doing what we do.
- Be considerate to us, sometimes we post subjects that can shock or even trigger strong emotions. This can be very cathartic for our wellbeing, please if you don't agree with something just ignore it. Don't get into a stampy pants rant over things. Bearing your soul is difficult, being judged for doing so is even harder.
- Recommend our work to friends and colleagues. Having our work reach a wider audience helps us all in so many mays.
- Consider clicking on our adverts and affiliate links in posts. It won't cost you a penny, but if you do go on to buy something from an affiliate, then the blogger will get a small commission. Consider it a tip that comes out of the shops pocket and not yours. We all use these tips to help offset the running costs of what we do. Obviously, you don't have to do so, but this one thing can make a massive difference to a blogger living life day to day as lots of us do.
- Help to spread positive messages such as only buying sex toys made out of body-safe materials.
- The sex blogging community is a very tight-knit one. We watch out for each other's backs and appreciate it when people watch out for us. If you see stolen content out on the internet, then please don't keep quiet about it, tell us. You will be doing us all a huge favour as we can then take action to get out content removed from sites that have stolen it.
- Check back on us. Come back and visit our site to see what has changed in our lives or what we are talking about next. We love seeing people come back to read our work over and over again. It gives us warm glowy feelings and again validates what we do and helps stave off the "self-doubt monster" or "imposter syndrome".
- Be nice to each other, bloggers as well as authors, and we can all make the internet and hopefully the planet a much better place to be.
If you have any suggestions as to ways of supporting your favourite bloggers and authors then why not consider leaving a comment below (pretty please with a cherry on top).
Thank you for taking the time to read this, I really do appreciate it.
- Guest Post - The Lockbox : DerangedPiglet
- Friday, March 29th, is Boobday!
- I Am Reviewing The Python Electro-Compression System
- I Am Reviewing The Tremor Sex Machine
- Electrastim Release Their AXIS Electro Stimulator
- Any Other Bloggers Visiting ETO 2019?
- Today I Upgraded My 2B Estim Control Box Firmware
- I Am Delighted To Be Working With Honour.co.uk
- Hot Octopuss Launches JETT, its Customisable Guybrator™ with Treble and Bass Technology
- Stolen Content