Bipolar Cock Loop

A place to share ideas and advice regarding DIY equipment and electrodes.
Joanne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bipolar Cock Loop

Post by Joanne » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:51 pm

Thank you @Gyrator for the inspiration for this design of bipolar cock ring. He created the first one out of sheets of plasticard that he glued together and then drilled for the 4mm and 6mm conductive rubber.

It works like a conventional cock ring placed just under the glans but instead of being a monopole electrode it used two lengths of CR, the 6mm CR wraps around the cock while the smaller 4mm targets sensations in the frenulum (banjo string).

With his permission I set about designing it in Fusion360 so that it could be printed out by anyone. Using his suggested measurements but closing the inner 4mm loops to better cup the frenulum in use.

So without further ado, here is my take on his design. It prints out 4mm thick with the holes sized for 6mm and 4mm conductive rubber. I need to print out a prototype tomorrow as the clearance in the holes may need tweaking.

So what do you think?
Bipolar Cock Loop with a former to show cock position
Bipolar Cock Loop with a former to show cock position
Bipolar_Cock_Ring_2019-Oct-02_10-40-50PM-000_CustomizedView38802774423.png (113.38 KiB) Viewed 183 times
View 4
View 4
5969e69e-fa5a-42a0-87c2-98b361e2455c.PNG (93.1 KiB) Viewed 182 times
View 2
View 2
Bipolar_Cock_Ring_2019-Oct-02_10-41-32PM-000_CustomizedView8978873782.png (146.91 KiB) Viewed 183 times
View 3
View 3
Bipolar_Cock_Ring_2019-Oct-02_10-43-36PM-000_CustomizedView6604035654.png (125.04 KiB) Viewed 183 times

I'm just a kinky married mother of two who enjoys playing with sex toys and telling the internet all about it. ;)

Gyrator
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Bipolar Cock Loop

Post by Gyrator » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:29 am

@Joanne - Wow. I'm very excited to see how others get on with this type of loop. I did wonder if the hole size thing (I did drill undersize and ream out as needed) could be made more tolerant if the holes were slightly D shaped which you can obviously do quite easily.

On a slightly tangential topic I wonder if there is merit in a g-spot-focused estim dildo for the ladies. Say with a large area ground electrode on much of the underside but a small-area raised electrode on the top surface part way down the shaft.

Joanne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Joanne » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:08 pm

Putting a flat in the holes would be an easy option to increase resistance on the CR.

The problem with insertable electrodes from a 3D printing perspective is layer adhesion and porosity. It would require a lot of post-print work on an insertable g-spot electrode when it would probably be easier to get a stainless steel knob and shaft and insulate areas to give the effect you mention.

External electrodes don't need the same levels of finish as opposed to internal ones. My Curly Wurly Electrode took hours and hours of sanding and painting.

I am snowed under with review work at the moment, but I will have a think about a design for a G-spot electrode and if anyone makes them they can seal it before use. I imagine it could feel very intense.

I'm just a kinky married mother of two who enjoys playing with sex toys and telling the internet all about it. ;)

Gyrator
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by Gyrator » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:28 pm

One thought - you could perhaps 'dummy up' such a focussed electrode by temporarily masking off much of the top surface of the speculum you have been trying. It would be a little more difficult to create a raised area for the g-spot but possible for a one-off test I reckon.

I agree that sealing insertables is not easy - some of the commercial ones don't do too good a job of it I found.

Joanne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Joanne » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:03 am

That is a great idea with the ElectroSpeculum, it would be pretty easy to mask with tape temporarily.

I find that the cheap electrodes from China are the worst for not being sealed or being porous. I have stopped buying them for that reason and so now stick to solid metal or high-quality conductive rubber electrodes.

I have now finished my prototype Gyrator Electrode and it looks great. I have used two plugs to help fix one end of each piece of CR in place, this means you can easily adjust it just by pulling on one end of the 6mm CR. The plugs also keep the ends of the CR away from each other minimising the risk of them shorting.

There is a delightful friction fit with the 6mm CR which means no clamp is needed once it is tightened.

So here is the prototype:
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (102.89 KiB) Viewed 115 times
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg (103.96 KiB) Viewed 115 times
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg (35.18 KiB) Viewed 115 times

Gyrator
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by Gyrator » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:54 am

Very good work! One thing I found I needed to adjust is the amount that the two 4mm loops project out of the carrier. I have now settled for about 10mm as this allows me to start the stimulation while flaccid (a state, I must confess, that does not last long :o ). My guess is that this will be a matter of trial and error for most users.

Joanne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Joanne » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:05 am

Thank you and thanks for the heads up on the length of the inner 4mm CR. I guess if it is too long there is a chance of it folding over as you get hard and shorting with the outer so you need to be careful not to make them too long.

I have the STL file on my site now for anyone to download. Thank you for a great electrode, my Stunt Cock is going to be using it tonight.

Download the STL file for this electrode.
Parts ready for printing
Parts ready for printing
stlpreview.gif (13.24 KiB) Viewed 104 times

Gyrator
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by Gyrator » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi Joanne

Yes, I did worry that the electrodes might short but so far I have not had an issue with this despite having them quite long and being, lets face it, pretty hard at times. Some small upstands just inboard of the 6mm holes would I guess reduce the chances as would moving the 6mm holes further out.

Look forward to Stunt Cock's report (might be fun to have a stopwatch ready - first tingle to rock hard time)

StuntCock
Established Member
Established Member

Post by StuntCock » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:10 am

It is a fantastic little electrode. I was surprised at how good it felt even at low power levels. I used it in conjunction with a second loop around my cock and balls with one of Joannes insulators on top.

I had channel A to both loops on this electrode and I removed the pin and plugged in one cable from channel B to the 6mm CR with the second cable to the insulated loop around my cock and balls and WOW!

Very strong stimulation that had me hard very quickly and an orgasm followed in about ten minutes. Very happy with that.

I will be using this electrode again pretty often I think. It is great for one channel play and also as a base for tri-phase play. Thanks for sharing the design and thanks to Joanne for making me one.

Totally happy with this one.

Gyrator
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by Gyrator » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Many thanks for the report. I'm absolutely delighted that it worked so well for you. I really hope that, thanks to Joanne's efforts, many more will get the same enjoyment.